Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Derby Barbie


I'm not one for impulse buys, but I REALLY REALLY want this. Quick- think of a fashion role model for little girls all across the world. Barbie is the first thing that comes to my mind. She may not be anatomically correct, but she is a pop culture icon. There is an entire universe of Barbie- she’s had every career possible, the man of our dreams, and an awesome house. Like every other girl in the world, I grew up with Barbie. I plan on getting my little girl her own dolls as soon as she’s old enough not to eat her tiny pink stilettos.


The other day I heard some gossip I had to investigate- rumors of a special edition KENTUCKY DERBY BARBIE DOLL! Well, the rumors are true. If I had known about this southern belle earlier I could have bought her from Mattel but they sold out quickly. Now the only place you can get the 2009 special edition Barbie is from the Derby Store (www.thederbystore.com) for $47.00. Here is how they describe her:


In a way only Barbie® can, the doll showcases Kentucky Derby® fashion at its finest - glamorized and ready for the winner's circle. The Kentucky Derby® Barbie® doll wears a playful floral sun dress and a faux pearl necklace and sassy spring sandals. True to Kentucky Derby® fashion, Barbie® tops off the look with a stylish over sized white hat and blossoming flower accent.


Her Derby hat, curled hair, sundress and pearl necklace make it the stereotypical (in a good way) millionaire’s row Louisville girl. Especially because I’m from Louisville and have grown up with both the Derby and Barbie my whole life, I really want to get one. In fact, I think I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment